The winding roads and wide-open spaces of Texas are calling. Here is some information to help guide you on your trip across Texas.
Travel Information Centers
The Texas Department of Transportation operates travel information centers for the convenience of the traveling public. Professional travel counselors welcome visitors and provide a wealth of free literature, information, and suggestions to make every Texas trip more pleasant. This also includes Texas Safety Rest Area information for breaks needed along your road trip.
Travelers may receive road condition information by visiting www.drivetexas.org or by calling 1-800-452-9292 daily from 8 a.m.– 5 p.m. CST, to speak to a professional travel counselor for travel information and trip planning assistance. (TDD for the deaf 1-800-735-2988.)
EV Charging Stations
Texas has over 2,000 charging stations and many charge multiple vehicles at a time. Charging stations are connected to apps that display station status, occupancy, cost, and charge rates. Visit the Texas Department of Transportation for more information and to plan ahead.
- Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Corpus Christi International Airport
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- Dallas Love Field
- El Paso International Airport
- Valley International Airport (Harlingen)
- Houston-George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Houston-William P. Hobby Airport
- Lubbock International Airport
- Midland International Airport
- San Antonio International Airport